- All across North America, the dueling piano concept is taking the entertainment industry by storm! Along with this success has come a multitude of independently operated businesses offering dueling piano entertainment. But beware, not all dueling piano shows are created equal!
Many of today's Dueling Piano companies are operated by musicians representing themselves without agency support, existing full time work, or even a reasonable amount of professional experience. Therefore, these companies, with only three or four entertainers (and in some cases, only a single entertainer), will do whatever necessary to make you believe that their show is exactly what you are looking for. The Funkeys, however, is a subsidiary of Dueling Pianos International. The Funkeys plays over 130 shows a year entertaining audiences from young to old, and have a combined repertoire of over 1,500 songs.
Dueling Pianos International has a roster of over 150 professional Dueling Piano players who work full time in traditional sing-along Dueling Piano establishments. You wouldn't buy diamonds from a street corner vendor. Nor should you invest your hard earned entertainment dollars with anyone less than Dueling Pianos International!
Dueling Pianos International was established in response to phone calls from the dissatisfied customers of other Dueling Piano companies. Most corporate talent buyers have only experienced the Dueling Piano concept while on vacation. Again and again, they have expressed their displeasure and dismay that the content in the Dueling Piano show that they received from another company was nothing like the show the saw in Las Vegas, New Orleans, or Orlando. Not with Dueling Pianos International! If you are expecting a show like the one you saw in a world-class venue, we have the expertise and the resources to ensure that you get exactly what you are expecting.
Dueling Pianos International offers the largest network of Dueling Piano players in the world. Dueling Pianos International is not run by Dueling Piano players. Rather, it is owned and operated by the largest entertainment agency in the Midwest. We are a full service event production company with over 30 years of experience in stage production.
You've seen the rest, now it's time to make the most of your entertainment dollars with the best: Dueling Pianos International. Give us a call today at 248.398.9711. One of our friendly and knowledgeable agents will be happy to help you explore just how much of a difference Dueling Piano entertainment from Dueling Pianos International can make in your bottom line!
- With over 21 years of combined experience in Dueling Pianos sing-along, The Funkeys are guaranteed to have your audience singing, clapping, and laughing from start to finish. Both Dan Satterberg and Marshall Charloff have served as Entertainment Directors at some of the world's most notable Dueling Piano venues and have personally trained many of the newer entertainers currently performing in college town and resort area Dueling Piano clubs. Based in Minneapolis and available for nation wide travel, the Funkeys spend most weekends on the road performing at corporate functions, weddings, and casinos. The Funkeys have only one goal in mind at each of their performances - that of making the audience just as much a part of the show as themselves.
Read about us in The Iowa Hawkeye newspaper!
- Dan Satterberg is a native of Minneapolis, Minnesota and has been a musician all of his life. He attended Berklee College of Music for a while and later completed a double major in theater and studio art from St. Cloud State. Being both classically-educated and taught by ear, Dan developed a soulful Elton-John-meets-Herbie-Hancock piano style accompanied as a clear singing voice. He's "paid his dues" in a fair share of bands including the Prince formed and Warner Bros. signed band "Mazarati".
Dan became involved in Dueling Pianos as both a player and entertainment manager at clubs such as Little Ditties, City Streets, Rum Runners, and JD's Key Club and he has been a featured player as an independent contractor at various other locations. Today, Dan has a solid foundation of all the must-have sing-alongs: standard popular jazz, classic rock and country, R & B / rap as well as any of the latest material. He performs with a commanding relaxed energy.
- Marshall Charloff taught himself to play the guitar at the age of 15 and later taught himself the piano, bass, and drums. He is a celebrated producer and recording artist, skills that paved the way for Marshmallow Fields, a production team consisting of Marshall, Grammy winner John Fields (The Jonas Brothers, Miley Cyrus, and Switchfoot) and Steven "Funkytown" Greenberg. Marshmallow Fields's credits include productions for Grammy Award winners The Commodores, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees Little Anthony and the Imperials, and multi-platinum selling Lipps Inc. just to name a few. Marshall also wrote the song "Don't Rock It", which is on the Commodores XX album released in 1993.
In the 90s, a very young Marshall paired once again with John Fields to record and release an EP under their collaboration name of Marshmallow Fields. The single charted on the Billboard Top 100 dance charts and is still in rotation amongst DJs around the country. Although Charloff and Fields shared co-production credits, the release was executive produced by Steven Greenberg. His latest recording is on the album "94 East", featuring Prince -- Marshall appears on both keyboards as well as bass guitar.
Marshall has played in the local scene in bands such as Boogie Wonderland, Westside, Saved By Zero and Star Fish. On the national platform, he has played rooms in Las Vegas including fronting the band Purple Reign (a Prince tribute) as a Prince impersonator. He has also played guitar with the band 94 East at the 2009 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame benefit concert with legendary keyboardist Doc Fink from Prince and the Revolution.
Currently, Marshall performs as one of the country's most sought after dueling piano players and has paired up with equally in-demand Dan Satterberg to form The Funkeys. Charloff cut his teeth in this format seven years ago and hasn't looked back. Marshall incorporates his experience as one of the nation's best Prince impersonators in his Dueling Pianos show as well as his skills on other instruments to wow audiences and leave them wanting more.
- Phyllis Tilley has been a career entertainer since 1990. She began her career as a pianist / vocalist in the church at five years old. At 12, she began performing in her father's band, "The Palisades". "We performed for the local Shriners, Parents Without Partners (PWP), VFWs, and various restaurants and night clubs in the Greenville / Spartanburg area. We were playing somewhere every weekend and I decided then that I wanted to be an entertainer."
Phyllis moved to Atlanta at 19 and became the house pianist for Hilton Hotels. In addition, she performed in bands and gained a BA in music performance at Kennesaw State University. It was in Atlanta that she was noticed by a talent agent who gave her an opportunity to travel throughout Europe, the Middle East, Asia, and Africa. To date, Phyllis has performed internationally in 23 countries and counting. Nationally, she has performed in the Bar at Times Square in the New York-New York Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas for nine years, and every top-class hotel / casino in Las Vegas including Harrah's, Bellagio, Venetian, Pallazzo, and Mirage.
Having moved back to her roots to care for a parent, she has strived to join partnership with fellow musicians to form a network of entertainers in the southeast that excel in their craft and are amongst the best in the business. A small sampling of Phyllis's corporate performances include Volvo, Sketchers Shoes, Scandic Hotels, Intercontinental, Price Waterhouse Cooper, and the Detroit Motor Show just to name a few. Her credentials include a 10-year residency in Las Vegas and a certified member of Dueling Pianos International's All Star Cast.
- Tony Baragona has been a staple dueling piano player in the Midwest for over 15 years, Tony is one of the most sought-after veteran dueling piano players in the country. After living in Nashville and working as a session musician for over 15 years, performing and recording with some of the biggest names in country music, he sold his soul to the dueling pianos concept and hasn't looked back since.
You might find Tony performing on a cruise ship or a vacation hot-spot in the Caribbean. You are in for a real treat if you have him at your wedding reception as Tony is The Funkeys' number one wedding man, not to mention a sure-fire hit at your next corporate event. Video coming soon.